Monday, October 5, 2009

New Routine.

Exciting day for us. Jaelyn started his first day of Preschool today!! I think he was a bit nervous, I know I was. He has never gone to daycare so I didn't know how he would react to the structure of a classroom and the authority of a new person. But when he got home he was happy to tell me about his day and had a "Good First Day" note from his teacher.

So, now with J going to school, my plan is to drop him off in the mornings and head straight to the gym. Yup, that's what I did this morning and it worked out beautifully.


I did a good 45 mins on the treadmill then came home.

For breakfast I made a yogurt mix with nf vanilla yogurt, a small nectarine, puffin cereal, fiber one cereal and Bare Naked Fit granola.

After picking J up from school, we headed to the park. It is such a beautiful day today and I wanted to feel the sunshine.
By the time we got home, I was hungry for lunch. Keeping in mind it's Meatless Monday, I decided to try these Veggie Samosas.

I heated to according to the package instructions and while I waited for them sauteed up some veggies. Mushrooms, red bell pepper, onion, carrot and some spinach went in a pan with a bit of EVOO, seasoned with S&P, curry powder and smokey paprika. Just before removing it from the heat, I added some leftover brown rice and a splash of teriyaki sauce.


I ended up with a lot of food, but it was really good. The samosas had a great crispy wrap and were a bit spicy inside. I used sweet chili sauce for dipping which was the perfect flavor combo.

Happy Monday!

***

Only 3 days left to enter my Apron Giveaway.
And if you act fast you can win some Chobani Greek Yogurt from Yum Yucky, contest ends tonight.


2 comments:

  1. Your son look ssoooo cute and girl you are lookin' good!!! Keep up the good work!
    Btw, I have a new weight loss blog. It's...
    http://inweighovermyhead.blogspot.com/

    - Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Mora! Jaelyn is too adorable!
    if you like the vegetable samosas, i would also suggest you try the vegetable egg rolls! they're in the freezer section too. i microwave them for a minute in a paper towel, then put them in toaster oven for a couple minutes 'til crisp.
    hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?