Monday, October 15, 2012

{Food Fix} Low Fat Pumpkin Muffins

So if you've been around the weight loss blog block a few times, then I'm sure you've heard of this recipe before.  I think, I might even blogged about it myself before.

But, since it is fall and pumpkin flavors are everywhere, I was inspired to whip up a batch (or 2).



The original recipe calls for just the cake mix and the pumpkin but I like to add a few extras to mine.

Ingredients:
1 Spice cake mix
1 15oz can of pure Pumpkin
1/4 cup of wheat germ
1/4 cup of raisins
(in place of raisins, I've also used chopped nuts, and dried apple pieces)



Everybody in the bowl,

and mix.


Distribute evenly into a sprayed muffin tin.


Bake at 350 for 15-18 mins.
The color doesn't change much, so check with the "clean toothpick" method.


And Enjoy!
 

Yummy, Pumpkin-y deliciousness!
 
 
Side note: They freeze really well.  I wrap each in a little saran wrap and freeze.  Let thaw at room temp or pop in the microwave for about 20 seconds, for a warm treat.  Great with coffee in the A.M. or with tea before bedtime.
 
For even more Pumpkin-y Goodness, try Betty Crocker's Pumpkin Bar mix instead of the spice cake.
Also very good!
 

3 comments:

  1. I make some similar to these, and they are delish!! Thanks for the reminder...think I'll whip up a batch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cryptocurrency trading For a good healthy lifestyle, we want quite forty completely different nutrients, and no single food will provide all of them. it's not a few single meals.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?