Tuesday, October 2, 2012

{Creative Fix} DIY Bath Bombs

Do It Yourself {DIY} Bath Bombs


I made these bath bombs as shower favors for my girl's bridal shower.
I hadn't made them before, but looked at a few recipes online and finally decided to mix some up.

You know me, I don't follow recipes very well, I always switch them up somehow.

So this is what I did.

What You'll Need:

1/2 cup Cornstarch
1/4 cup Epsom Salt
1 cup Baking Soda

1/2 cup Citric Acid
3/4 tbsp Water
2 3/4 tbsp Olive Oil
Food Coloring
Essential Oil (scent of your choice)

I mixed the water and food coloring in a spray bottle.

Just a sidenote about the citric acid- it's hard to find, I found mine in the canning section at Walmart.



You will also need

A bowl for mixing dry ingredients
A small bowl for wet ingredients
A candy or ice mold
A whisk
A sifter (optional)
 


Sift your dry ingredients into large bowl,


Mix the olive oil and essential oils in the small bowl and pour into large bowl.


Start whisking and spraying a little at a time.  If you are not using a spray bottle, add your water/food coloring very slowly.  You don't want to add too much too fast, the dry will react to the wet and begin to fizz.  You don't want that, so I suggest using the spray bottle.


You want your mixture to become much like the texture of damp sand.  It should mold into a ball like so.


Next, fill your molds.
I let mine dry over night.  You want them completely dry before popping them out.
 

 And there you have it.  Sweet little Bath Bombs or Bath Fizzies. (Whichever you prefer to call them)
 
I like to put them in a basin for a foot bath.  So relaxing. 
The Epsom salt helps with aches, pains and swelling, while the olive oil moisturizes and the essential oil smells great.
 

2 comments:

  1. How cute are these?? Thanks for the tutorial DaMora! Just wanted to let ya know that you've been featured on Work It Wednesday! :) http://highheelsandgrills.blogspot.com/2012/10/work-it-wednesday-4.html

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?