Tuesday, April 27, 2010

It's my Birthday and I'll Eat if I want to!!

Yesterday was my birthday.
Had a great low key day.
(All except for the Hit and Run right outside our house. A dog got hit, I think he ended up having to be put down. So Sad!!)

The Hubs and Jaelyn made me a birthday cake.


Jaelyn loves to help in the kitchen.
Final product: Pineapple Upsidedown Cake
Before heading out to dinner we took a few family shots.
Me, with Jaelyn and Hennessy
Me and Henn Dogg, just like last year.
The 4 of Us.
For dinner we tried this Argentinian restaurant called Asado.
OMG, delish.
Eric and I said it was probably the best dinner out we've had in a long time.

We started out with Beef & Lamb Empanadas. (not pictured)

He ordered-
ESPALDA ASADO {flat iron steak}
w/ Chimichurri and Salsa Criolla and
Peruvian Purple Mashed Potatoes

I ordered-

PITU PUERCO
Pork Chop Stuffed with Chorizo, Cranberries, Golden Raisins, Almonds, Apples, Fennel, Cachaca Cider Jus served with the Peruvian Purple Mashed Potatoes
It was crazy delicious!!


For my birthday, I got a free desert.
Of course I shared with Eric and Jaelyn.

We ordered-
Homemade Banana donuts
served with caramel and coffee cream dipping sauces



When we got home, we were so stuffed but still had to celebrate with the cake.
We called over my MIL and our niece to come have some too.

I had a tiny slice of cake just to please Jaelyn. Yum.
Then sent half of the cake home with my MIL.

Another great birthday spent with my Husband and Son:
Lucky Girl.

















6 comments:

  1. ● ☆♥*´`*•.¸☆♥*´`*•.¸☆♥☆★☆ H★A☆P★P☆Y • B★I☆R★T☆H★D☆A★Y!!!★☆★☆● ☆♥*´`*•.¸☆♥*´`*•.¸

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you are a lucky girl.

    BUT you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Your dinner and cake look great. How sweet that they baked for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, a few days late.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    You were randomly selected as the winner of the $25 C&H Sugar giveaway on my blog Baking and Boys. Please send me an email with your address so I can get it sent out to you ASAP. Thanks and congrats!
    kevnkoi at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday!!!!!! Banana donuts? Caramel and coffee cream dipping sauce? Wowza. Sounds like heaven. Your hubs and son did a fantastic job on the cake. I adore Pineapple Upside Down. Pics look great, as always. Glad you enjoyed your special day. :):)

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?