Saturday, January 9, 2010

Tomato and Basil Pasta

I saw this recipe on an episode of Just Eat This and have been wanting to try it.
My attraction to it was it's simplicity.
I don't remember the exact name or measurement but it was a little something like this.
  • Whole Wheat Pasta (I used penne), cooked according to package
  • Fresh tomato chunks
  • Fresh basil, torn or ribboned
  • Fresh garlic, chopped
  • Touch of EVOO
  • Drain pasta and mix all ingredients together.
  • Top with parm and enjoy

It was really good. Light, fresh and tasty. And with this base idea, you could even add some grilled chicken for protein and additional flavor.


4 comments:

  1. Looks delish!!! Glad to see that you are still at it!! Great blog. Can you email me? I have a question for you. conyeah02@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!! this looks so good. I am going to make this tomorrow. My girls I am sure are going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will put that on next weeks menu.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have recipe books but I think from now on I will go to your blog, TJ's Test Kitchen, and Loser for Life when making my weekly menus. I am a visual person and it helps to see the picture of the completed dish. Plus your dishes are simple and don't require a bunch of weird ingredients.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?