Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Ugh.

That's how I've been feeling lately. I just can't seem to find my "Happy Healthy Place"
It really time for a hunger makeover.
Let me explain. I got my grub on this past weekend, I did well with Thanksgiving dinner, but everything else was a disaster. I had cookies, apple pie, pumpkin pie, Chinese food, too many slices of toast and butter, wine, candy, a few mini chocolate bars and I'm sure I'm forgetting a whole handful of more "big booty" foods. There is just something so difficult about sticking to a health plan while away from home, esp. around the holidays when there is food at every turn.

So today, I am committing to turn that all around. I have eleven days before we leave to TX to visit some of The Hubs' family and I do not want to feel bloated and heavy.

My Plan
  • No Meat. This doesn't mean, I'm going Vegetarian for life, it just means I'm not going to allow any heavy meat into my food plan for the next week or so. This is not meant to be a challenge for me, and it really isn't, I don't eat a lot of meat anyway, I just want to concentrate on a veggie/fruit based diet. I might allow a little fish, we'll see how I feel each day.
  • Tracking. I plan to track my meals. Those of you who do track, know the impact of tracking each thing that enters your mouth. It keeps me accountable and keeps me aware of what I'm eating. If at the end of the day, I can look at a list of the things I've eaten, I can easily find any problem areas.
  • No Cheating. Yes, I admit, I cheat sometimes. But not this week. I am going to be honest with myself and not allowing any temptations to get the best of me.
  • Activity. 30 mins per day, no matter what. No excuses. It's just too important for me to ignore.
  • Listen & Obey. I'm going to listen to my body and hunger signals. No eating just because I want to.
That's it. That's my plan. I put it out there for the universe to see.

Wish me Luck!!

When you fall off track what are the things you do to get back on?

3 comments:

  1. You can do it, woman! Sometimes it just takes a bit a of a rigid plan to get the healthiness flowing with ease....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya! When you're off schedule it's so easy to fall off the healthy food wagon. But you have to live a little. I just got back from a 4 day trip to Atlanta to visit my best friend and of course we celebrated with lots of good southern food and margaritas! Came back 7 pounds heavier and miserable. It was worth it though. It's OK now, I'm in "recovery" mode and have sent those 7 pounds packing already! Hang in there girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have trouble eating healthy when I am away from home and around friends. I just spent the past weekend at my homecoming in Tennessee, and I consumed more fried food and sugar during the weekend than I have in the last couple of months. So this week I will be doing my own hunger makeover.

    Also, thanks for your comments on our blog. I do sweat a lot during a workout, and I definitely sweat out my hair. Maintaining my hair is the one thing that bothers me the most when it comes to staying fit. I literally schedule my runs around the days that I can get away with wearing a hat or ponytail and don't need to have "perfect" hair. I have also learned to immediately wrap my hair or put rollers in it after a workout to cut down on the frizz and help smooth it out. I also wash my hair twice a week and deep condition religiously.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?