Sunday, October 11, 2009

Thankful for Family.

The Hubs, Jaelyn and I are visiting my fam in Surrey, BC for our Canadian Thanksgiving. I love this time of year. The days are beautiful, the trees are changing color, the holidays are approaching, and the flavors are comforting.

We had our Thanksgiving dinner yesterday and it was delish.

Before we got down on some turkey with all the fixings, we had the chance to get a family picture. It's not often we are all together, so times like these are priceless and I know how happy it makes my Mum.

{Left to Right, Nichelle (Sissy), Me, Eric, Sharif (Bro), Wesley (Bro), Chantal (Sis-in-Law)
Dejia (Niece), Jaelyn, Mum, Dad, Lincoln (Nephew) and our dog Hennessy}

Before dinner was served, the table was full of chips with a variety of dips, homemade crab and artichoke dip, tortillas and hummus and beverages. I tried to stick to the ww tortilla strips and hummus, but did have a few bites of some chips and dip. I also, enjoyed a glass or two of vino blanco.

While making my dinner plate, I chose to have small portions of my fav items.
Mac & Cheese, turkey with gravy, cranberry sauce, stuffing, and veggies. I think I did pretty good, one half of my plate was veggies, and I didn't go back for seconds.

For dessert, I had a slice of homemade apple pie with a scoop of cool whip on top.

***

Instead of sitting on our bootay's all day today, (which pretty much is tradition the day after a big family dinner) my Sissy Nichelle and I decided to take Jaelyn and Dejia to the pumpkin patch. It was the perfect day for it, sunny and crisp.

We got lost in the corn maze, but eventually found our way out.
We to a hay ride to the pumpkins where we all picked out little pumpkins to take home.

Jaelyn liked the really little ones. Too cute.

On the way home, we stopped at Timmy's for some warm brews. I got a pumpkin spice tea.
What a great 2 days spent with my family, whom I am extremely grateful for.






3 comments:

  1. Awww, he is too cute. I'm planning a pumpkin patch trip soon, love Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable photos- the food ones made me hungry! We are visiting the pumpkin patch this weekend and it got me excited! Cheers to you and your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man I love Fall. You guys look like you had a really great time.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?