Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Zucchini Bread

In all efforts to use up my garden zucchini, I decided to make some zucchini bread.


The recipe is easy and fool proof, leaving you with yummy and moist bread.

Zucchini Bread

{ingredients}

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp each salt, baking soda, baking powder
3 tsps ground cinnamon
3 eggs
1 cup light olive oil (or veg oil)
2 cups white sugar
3 tsps vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1 cup chocolate chips (optional)

{Directions}

1. Grease a flour pans (I used (9) mini loaf pan and a (6) muffin pan) Preheat oven to 325

2. Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda and cinnamon together in large bowl.

3. Beat eggs, oil, vanilla and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini, nuts and chips until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.

4. Bake for 20 mins (if using muffin pans or mini loafs) 40-60 mins (if using large loaf pan) or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 mins.

{ENJOY}

After cooling, I wrapped the mini breads individually and froze.



3 comments:

  1. I envy bakers. I just don't like to measure things and i'm a ''dumper'' maybe one day I will really bake, besided cookies. lol How's your day so far? And your bread looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! Love zucchini bread.. one of my faves! Those look sooo good!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strange world for me. I love zucchini bread but hate zucchini. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?