Monday, August 17, 2009

Danskin Triathlon Seattle 2009

The race was a lot of fun and quite an awesome experience.
I was so nervous standing in the crowd of "purple swim caps" waiting to enter the water. But once, I got in, the nerves subdued and it was Game Time.
The swim was definately the hardest part, no Lake Monsters, but lots of water in the face. It felt like I was in the water forever but it was actually only 28mins.
During the bike portion, I tired to catch my breath and not overwork myself knowing I had a 3 mile run still. It was a great ride. I was able to complete it before the I-90 bridge reopened, and can you believe I was passing up a LOT of other participants? Crazy.
By the time I got to the run, I was definately feeling the burn, but I pushed through it and ended up with a pretty decent run time of 36 mins.
My overall time was 2:11 and my overall rank was 2819 of 3709. Not much to brag about but makes me feel very accomplished and excited to know that I wasn't the last person. I had 890 people behind me. Crazy, I know.

Here are a few pics from the day. The Hubs took a whole lot more, but all the pics from the first half of the day got lost. Boo Hoo!! But luckily, he also took video.
*
The sea of bikes.


Our #'s had to be marked on our arms for the swim leg of the race.

Angie and I before the swim, which is the first leg of the race.


Our bikes and things.


Our helmets with our #'s.
Here I am coming in from the 12 mile bike ride.

The beginning of the 5K.
Here we are after the race. Medals and all. Could I look any happier for completing my first Tri?

There were some pretty amazing women out there. The overall winner came in at 1:06. Each age group had 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners. The fastest time for all participants 50+ was 1:19. There was one women in the 75+ age group, and she came in at 2:36. Pretty impressive.

Danskin Womens Triathlon.

She Swims. She Rides. She Runs. She Rox!!

3 comments:

  1. congrats!! that's an awesome accomplishment.

    and i love that you mention the "big girl syndrome" uniform of black top and jeans by your pics... so true!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?