Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Zucchini Sticks

I have so much zucchini from my garden and I've been trying to use it up. For lunch yesterday I made Hungry Girls Freakishly Fantastic Faux-Fried Zucchini from her 200 Under 200 recipe book.

I paired it with a Morningstar Farms Chicken Patty with a 1/2 slice of cheddar, some rf mayo and mustard, all on a sammy thin. Yum.


Freakishly Fantastic Faux-Fried Zucchini
Ingredients:
2 Lg zucchini, ends removed
3/4 cup Fiber One cereal (original)
1/4 cup ff liquid egg substitute*
1 tbsp dry ranch dressing/dip mix
1/4 tsp + 1 dash each of garlic powder, onion powder and oregano
2 dashes S&P
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350
Blend fiber one, ranch mix, 1/4 tsp of spices and S&P in a blender until bread crumb consistency.
Transfer to a medium bowl.
In a separate bowl, combine egg with a dash of each spice. Combine well.
Cut zucchini into 1/2 inch wide circles.* Blot away any excess moisture.
Dip zucchini slices into egg mixture, then coat with crumbs.
Place on sprayed cookie sheet.
Bake for 10 mins, flip and bake an additional 10 mins.
Enjoy.
*I used 2 egg whites in replace of the egg substitute
*I cut my zucchini into sticks instead of circles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinking?