Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I woke up to the smell of bacon...

The aroma of bacon cooking woke me up this morning. Real, thick cut, maple smoked bacon. Sounds, no smells, like trouble. The hubs was in the kitchen working his magic on a breakfast spread.

Why oh why? Hopefully, he's not mixing up a batch of his buttermilk pancakes too. That would just be another battle to fight.


I was planning on have a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast with fresh strawberries, but the smell of that bacon quickly changed my mind.
Needless to say, I was worried about what I was going to see when I walked into the kitchen. What deliciousness would I have to ignore?
Thankfully when I stepped into the kitchen, I was greeted with this plate...
One ww waffle w/ SF syrup, scrambled egg whites, 1/2 slice of bacon, a side of grits and some fresh strawberries.

The Hubs hooked me up with a great breakfast. Delicious and most importantly, healthy.

What a great breakfast to wake up to.

3 comments:

Whatcha thinking?