Monday, July 13, 2009

I survived the Baby Shower

Yesterday was my cousins baby shower, and as we all know, they could be serious danger zones. Luckily my family tries to keep a good balance when it comes to food and always have healthy choices.


The shower was short and sweet which I'm guessing was the plan, since it was on a Sunday afternoon. It was great to meet our newest family addition, Jenaya. Here she is with her mommy Shannon.

Of course I had to hold the little thing. She was a great baby the entire time and didn't make a peep, even while being passed around.
Now let's talk eats.

I stuck to my plan and only had 2 glasses of wine. Actually, it was more like 1 and 1/2, at some point, I lost my drink. (??)

The food was simple, but really good. Nothing too filling and all pretty healthy. The plates were snack sized so it was easy to fill it up without getting too much food.
This is a pic of my first plate.
1 deviled egg
1 tortilla pinwhell slice
a few crackers and a bit of hummus
a little meat and cheese
1/2 slice of banana bread
and veggies



After the gifts were opened, some hot cheese dips were brought out. They looked great and I wanted to try, so I took one slice of bread and spread each half with a different dip. There was also a salmon dish, so I got a little piece of that too. And while I was up at the food table, I figured a few more veggies couldn't hurt.


In addition to my plates of food, I also had some of this. It was a fruit salsa type thing. If I remember correctly, it's a mix of apples, bananas, kiwi, strawberries, lime juice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Along side were whole grain tortilla's that had been cut and baked, then sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. It was really good, sweet and refreshing. Great for an outdoor, summer event.


I feel good about the choices I made.




2 comments:

  1. All of that food looks great!

    I'm glad you enjoyed it!
    [the baby is adorable.]

    -EbonyRenee
    www.phmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you did a great job! that chip and salsa creation sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?