Wednesday, July 15, 2009

AAAAACHUUUU!


Everyone around here is sick! My MIL has some type of flu, the Hubs and I have a cold. His a little worse than mine. Luckily the only one not sick is Jaelyn.

I was hoping a good sweat at the Y lastnight would help push it out of me, but I still have a stuffy nose and runny eyes. Ugh!
So lastnights, dinner was chicken and cabbage soup. I made a big pot, sent half to my MIL. I cooked it in the early afternoon, so we could have little bowls of it throughout the day.
The recipe is something like this:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
4 carrots
3 celery stalks
1 med onion
garlic
parsley (from my garden)
1/2 cabbage
EVOO to coat bottom of pot
6 cups redused sodium chicken stock
seasoning salt and pepper
-
Saute veggies in pot with EVOO & garlic,
add cut chicken breast and cook through
season and add chopped parsley
add chopped cabbage (I also had a handful of spinach close to going bad, so I threw it in)
Add chicken stock, bring to a boil
reduce heat and simmer until cabbage is tender
-
Enjoy

3 comments:

  1. that sounds like a good cold remedy! hope you all feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks GREAT! I might have to try it because we are all sick around here too! Btw, you look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soup looks delish!Love homemade soup of any kind in any weather.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?