Sunday, May 10, 2009

Weekend Round-Up

My little guy turned 3 on Saturday. We had his party at the glow-in-the-dark miniature golf place. We were able to bring our own food, so I made deli sandwiches, sliced oranges, grapes pretzels and juice. I always try to serve healthy food at his parties b/c I think the cake is enough sugar. Instead of giving out goodie bags stuffed with candy and little plastic toys the kids never play with, I gave out silly straws. It turned out to be a very fun party.


He requested a Diego cake, here he is blowing out the candles.
Happy 3rd Birthday Jaelyn!





For Mothers Day, we spent the early part of the day walking around Seattle's Pike Place Market.


I love the market. I love the whole feeling and atmosphere of the market. Being there makes me feel like a tourist, even though I lived in Seattle for about 10 years.


Here we are taking a picture with the big gold piggy bank that sits in front of the fresh fish and seafood stand. Anyone who lives in Seattle knows which I'm talking about.





The market is full of interesting things to taste, smell, buy and enjoy. And everytime I go I see something new.


There is fresh fruit and veg galore. Home made soaps, dried fruit of all kinds, flavored oils, homemade cheeses, fresh pastries and breads, washington made wines and a large variety of handmade crafts.


The market is also a great place to buy big, beautiful bunches of fresh flowers. Tulips (my fav) were the star attraction today.


My sweet Hubs even bought me a bouquet.









While browsing all the great foods and items, I found these dried Fuji Apples.
They were delicious and gave me something to snack on while my Hubs tried numerous pastries and a mini cheesecake.

Check out these peppers. They were hanging in one of the veggie stands. I thought the were so colorful and pretty.


After the market we came home and fired up the grill. We were starving, or at least I was, thankfully I had some carrots cut up in the fridge, so I snacked on those while preparing dinner.

We had grilled steak and shrimp, baked potatoes, garlic bread and salad. I must say, today was a great day.

Happy Mothers Day to all you Moms and to all you who have wonderful women in your lives to celebrate.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful family! I loved Pike Place Market when I went to Seattle. Especially the guy who sold the fancy, delicious nuts lol. They have the prettiest flowers too! I bought tulips too, even tho they just sat in my hotel room for the 3-4 days we were there. It was worth it :). Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday jaelyn! that marketplace looks awesome! that would be a fun day out. all those fruits and veggies looked gorgeous! your dinner sounded and looked sooo good! steak and shrimp....some of my favorite foods! happy belated mothers day!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?