Friday, May 1, 2009

Slow Cooker Pork Chops




I love using my slow cooker. It's so easy and makes any cut of meat fall-of-the-bone tender.

The only thing I can't stand about my slow cooker is it's age. It's really old. I bought for a whopping $3 at the Goodwill a few years ago and who know's how long the prior owner had it. Because it's an older model, it doesn't have the removable insert which makes cleaning so much easier. I really do need a new one. Maybe I'll ask for one for Mother's Day.


Syke! I'd much rather have a day at the spa.

So for dinner I put some pork chops in the slow cooker with an onion soup mix packet, 10oz of chicken stock. Cooked it on low for about 7 hours, made some brown rice and steamed broccoli. It was really easy and delish.

The Hubs said it was even better the next day for lunch.


Happy Weight Loss!

2 comments:

  1. that sounds really good, i am going to have to try that one...i like that it has few ingredients and there is not much work to it! this one is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Girl go get you a new crockpot!!! It makes a HUGE difference to have the removable insert. So much easier to clean! In fact, mine can go into the dishwasher! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?