Thursday, April 30, 2009

Garden Burger for lunch.

I love a good Cheeseburger: A thick beef patty and all it's glorious juices, gooey cheese, thick bacon, fresh sesame seed bun. Oh yes. My mouth is watering. And even better than the actual burger is the choice of sides: sweet onion rings, deep fried mushrooms, crispy fries and a cold, thick chocolate shake. Hello! If only I could take out the artery clogging fat and thousands of calories from those items, I would enjoy them all the time. Too bad.


Instead of having a juicy bacon cheese burger, I decided to make a moist and delish veggie burger. I topped it with a half slice of cheddar, mustard, relish and shredded cabbage (from a cole slaw package, it's great for some crunch) then put it all between 2 halves of a whole wheat light english muffin.

Ok, so I know that a veggie burger doesn't compare to the All American Bacon Cheeseburger, but when you weigh the pros and cons between the two, a veggie burger is the obvious better choice.

Happy Healthy Eating!

4 comments:

  1. Yum - never thought of topping it with shredded cabbage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sound really good......i have been craving the all american burger lately...i guess i will be good though and eat the veggie burger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw, i enjoyed visiting your blog, you look awesome! you are so pretty! I hope I can do what you did! and my signature look always has black top too....: )

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really good and a great idea. I was thinking to buy the WW buns to cut down on calories, the whole wheat buns I'd brought were 200 calories! But may try the english muffins instead. Sometimes prefer the taste of these over buns.

    And thanks for following my blog btw:)

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?