Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Oatmeal, Yeah.

Oh how I love thee!

I have an obbession with it. Sometimes, I eat it for dinner too.
I remember as a kid, I used to eat it smothered in brown sugar and topped with milk. I've found much healthier ways to eat it now, but equally as yummy.

Tried it a new way for breakfast this morning. Besides my usual add-ins, (cinnamon and vanilla) I added walnuts while cooking and topped it with dried blueberries, honey and FF milk.
It was great.
Oh, I've also been adding flax seeds to it for the extra nutrition.


I've seen a few other ways I want to try. One is smashing banana in it with a drizzle of maple syrup. Someday, I'll try that.


Happy Eats!

2 comments:

  1. I'm obsessed with it too LOL and reading many other bloggers who say the same. I never liked it growing up, it was one of those foods I re-tasted as an adult being I found myself liking so many things I didn't like when I was younger.

    Typically I'll eat it with banana, raisins and flaxseed. Sometimes I'll add almonds too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love me some oatmeal too. i have been eating oatmeal with soymilk and splenda, sometimes i add in some craisins and almonds. or i will add sliced bananas. i never thought about mashed bananas...i might have to try that.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?