Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mango - 2pts


The flesh of a mango is peachlike and juicy and ranges from a pale yellow to bright orange color. This one was a bit paler that I normally see, but it was still very sweet and juicy. The skin is leathery and when ripe should be a combination of green and yellow with red.
They can be a bit tricky when preparing to eat. I slice down the length of the fruit following the line of the huge seed inside. I do this on both sides and then cut lines into each half on 2 diagnals careful not to cut through the skin, forming little squares. Next I pop each half inside out and cut out each cube.
As for the flesh that is left on the seed, I just bite and suck that until there is nothing left but the seed. It can be a bit stringy, so be prepared to floss afterwards.

Try one, they're great!

Enjoy!!

4 comments:

  1. OOOOOOH! I love your new blog look! The header is fantastic! How on earth did you do that? Teach me ole wise one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I sent you some blog love! Come on over to my blog and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog because of Connie. Hi Connie! *waves*

    Great blog! I'm going to add you to my blog roll. I look forward to visiting again. :)

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?