Monday, May 4, 2009

Chicken Tacos

Mexican! One of my favorite cuisines.

Tonight we had Chicken Tacos, and they were so good. I used corn tortillas, which I didn't really care for until I traveled to Mexico and had a real taco. Alma, the taco lady at our resort, is responsible for 5 of the 7 pounds I gained while there. The other 2 pounds was from the alcohol. :)
Anyway, I used corn tortillas and just softened and warmed them in a skillet with a touch of EVOO. I cooked the chicken in a bit of oil too, with onions and red bell pepper. Seasoned with garlic, chili powder, onion powder and seasoning salt.
When I make tacos, I like to have a variety of toppings so I can make 2 different kinds. Just to keep it interesting.
The spread of toppings contained:
  • jalapenos
  • mexican blend cheese
  • black bean and corn salsa
  • salsa verde
  • black olives
  • RF sour cream
  • corn
  • refried or black beans

Yummy, yummy, yummy!

3 comments:

  1. Delish!!!!

    Can't wait for tacos tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really good. I've been wanting some Fish tacos, think that's going to be my staple meal next week:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks really good, i am going to have to make that soon!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?