Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Chili Cheese Fries - Oh Yeah.

When I saw this recipe on Heathers site, I knew I had to try it. First of all let me start by saying, Heather lost 80 lbs following Weight Watchers and has been able to keep it off since 2002. Her food always looks amazing. She's an incredible inspiration. You can check her out at http://www.thewwchick.com/

I used 3 large potatoes cut into 8ths.
Coat the wedges with a chili packet seasoning by dumping them into a ziploc bag and shake, shake, shake.
Lay them flat onto a cookie sheet prepared with a cooking spray
Add a 4-5 ice cubes spread between the wedges (this helps steam the potatoes while baking)
Tightly cover with foil, and put in a 450 degree oven for 20ish mins
Remove the foil and continue baking for another 15ish mins, until potatoes are crisp

Plate with a scoop of warmed chilli on top and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.

4 servings.

I figured out 9pts for mine, Heathers were 8pts, so be sure to calculate your points depending on the ingredients you use.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Whatcha thinking?