Friday, April 24, 2009

Chicken and Cabbage Soup

I'm 2 days late with this post. I made this for dinner on Wednesday. I had been waking up with a sore & itchy throat and runny eyes for a few days and was not willing to let it get any worse. I was drunk on cough syrup, and constantly sucking on Halls. Oh, and I had a headache so I was taking pain meds too.
This soup was really good. Very simple and easy to make. Of course I don't have an exact recipe b/c I'm horrible with measuring, but it is something like this:

Chicken and Cabbage Soup
2 chicken breast
-season with seasoning salt, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper
and saute in Olive Oil, then add
1 medium onion
3 carrots
1/2 cabbage head
1-2 cloves of garlic
-continue to saute until slightly tender
add
Chicken stock and or water
Bay leaf
Let simmer until ready to serve


I also made some cornbread to go with it.


I don't know if it was the soup, but Thursday morning, my throat was feeling much better.

1 comment:

Whatcha thinking?