Tuesday, September 18, 2012

{Food Fix} Sticky Buns - Take 1

I usually keep a roll of refrigerated flaky buns on hand to add to weekend breakfasts' for the kiddos or to have with din din.
But the other day I decided to try something new with them.

Sticky Buns.

So, I placed them in a zig zag pattern in a glass loaf pan that I sprinkled with a bit of brown sugar and cinnamon.



Then sprinkled more sugar, cinnamon and chopped walnuts on top.  Along with a couple very small pieces of butter. Oh, and I also drizzled some syrup on top too.


I then baked them at 350 for about 25 mins.


Sounds fool proof right?
 


Well, they didn't come out exactly how I had pictured in my head.  I was expecting them to be ooey and gooey, sweet and delish.
Instead they were only a little ooey and gooey with some sweet and some delish.

I think where I went wrong was not layering the biscuits with the sugar mixture in between them.
Had I done it that way, the "ooey gooey" I was looking for would have gone all through the biscuits making them more moist and sugary.  It probably also would've helped them cook faster preventing the dry edges that I got.


I am definitely going to try this again, in a few weeks.  Would like to have it perfect for Christmas morning.
 

3 comments:

Whatcha thinking?