Thursday, August 9, 2012

{Food Fix} Curry Chicken Salad Recipe

For a quick lunch the other day, I made a Curry Chicken Salad.

I've had it before, but never made it myself.  So I took a quick look at some recipes online, gathered the ingredients I already had in the kitchen and whipped up my own little batch.




1 6oz can of white chicken
1/2 cup of red grapes, sliced in halves
1/4 cup of chopped green onion
1 /4 cup of chopped celery
2 tbsp light mayo
1tbsp curry powder
S&P to taste

Mix well.

Of course, this recipe can be customized anyway you like.
You can also use baked chicken pieces instead of the canned chicken (that's just what I had on hand).
I've also seen recipes with chopped apple or raisins added.

I ate mine wrapped in lettuce, but it's also great as a sammy, on crackers or even on cucumber slices.

Happy Eating.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy, I am going to have to try this for lunch at work.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?