Wednesday, June 15, 2011

{Fun Fix} Farmers Market

The fam and I took a little stroll through the local farmers market the other day.
I like going to the farmers market for several reasons, but most of all because it inspires me to eat healthy.  I feel good about supporting local farmers and I usually walk away with something fresh and yummy.

This market had all your usual suspects, including fresh fruits and veggies, potted plants, handmade goods and big beautiful boquets of flowers.

But there were also some unexpected treats.  The stand that surprised me the most was Bacon Forever.
Check out what they were selling...
Bacon Snickerdoodle Cookies

Chocolate Covered Bacon
They even had brownies with bacon.  Sounds dangerous!

The carb-lover in me couldn't resist these breads.

The fruit selection was low, I think it has to do with the weather we've been having around here. But we did find these sweet cherries. 
Yum!
I love fresh cherries.


1 comment:

  1. The farmer's market you visited looks amazing! The ones I have in Tampa are just small ones nothing grandiose like the ones I've seen in other places!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?