Wednesday, May 25, 2011

{TV Fix} Farewell to The Oprah Show

I am a huge Oprah fan!!

 I loved watching her show.  It opened my eyes to so many important issues; puppy mills, the health of our planet, the dangers of using a cell while driving, just to name a few.

While watching, I would laugh and cry, learn and cry, be inspired and cry some more.  (There was always lots of crying, didn't really matter what the subject of the show was, it always ended in a waterfall of tears.  Or as I like to call it, a spiritual clense.)


I'm really going to miss her show. 

So in honor of her last show, here is my list of the top 8 things I've learned from watching Oprah:

  1. If attacked/snatched/kidnapped etc. never let the attacker take you to a second location.
  2. Don't ignore that little feeling you get when you sense something is not right, it could be the difference of life or death
  3. Live in the moment.  Be present.  Be concious of your life, your experiences, you choices and your surroundings. 
  4. Own it!  Take responsibility for the choices you make. 
  5. Find your inner Peace.  Walk comfortable in the skin you are in.  Be you.
  6. Forgiveness is freedom.  Don't weigh yourself down with other people's baggage.
  7. Give back! Share your knowledge, wealth, and heart.  It is more rewarding than you could ever imagine.
  8. Your poop should be in the shape of an "S".
~~~

Dear Oprah,

Your footprint on our little planet is undeniable.  You've made such a difference in the lives of so many.  I thank you for all that you have taught me and because of you I strive to be the best DaMora I can be. 

xoxo,
D.

~~~

Any Oprah fans out there?
What have you learned from watching her show?

2 comments:

  1. I love #8! LOL I don't know why I stopped watching Oprah I used to love her show and like you learned so much...especially my love for reading.

    P.S. I came across your blog from Miesha Roshawn in case you're wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it D!!

    You couldn't have put it any better. "your footprint on our little planet is undeniable"


    So more about #8... is this for real? (lol)

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?