Wednesday, April 20, 2011

{Food Fix} French Toast Remixed

I havn't mentioned this yet, but a couple of weeks ago I rejoined Weight Watchers.  This time I'm doing it exclusively online.  So far, So good.  I've managed to learn the new program and stick to it. 
It's been a big boost in my weight lost efforts.  In December, just before Christmas, I gave myself a goal to lose 30 by my 30th, which is April 26th.  So far, I'm down 20 so, I'm happy.

Anyhoo, since I rejoined WW, I've been back to trying out new recipes with WW points in mind.

With that said, I tried some French Toast.

I used Cinnamon Raisin Bagel Thins, coated in egg whites.  Cooked in a pan with non stick spray, just as you would regular french toast.


I topped it with banana slices and a drizzle of maple syrup.  A side of scrambled egg whites and breaky was complete.


The verdict?
Not bad.  Of course with bagel thins you don't get that fluffy bread texture that you get when you make french toast with thick slices of bread but I really enjoyed it.  I will definitely make it again. 

5 comments:

  1. I love french toast :) I normally make a french toast bread pudding casserole when I have brunch or something!

    Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fantastic idea for food.There are many such simple and healthy meal;s.We can avoid the starches and the extra carbohydrates so.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?