Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

Sunday after church, Jaelyn and I, along with some family went to visit loved ones passed.


My grandfather worked at the cemetery many years ago, so he and my grandmother bought 5 plots for themselves and their 3 children.


My grandfather, Papa George, passed 3 years before I was born, so I never had a chance to meet him, but I've heard many great stories about him throughout the years.


My grandmother, Granny, passed just a few months before I gave birth to Jaelyn. It was a rough time for me, I was really close to her and was so upset that she would not be a part of my son's life. She was an amazing women.


In the third filled plot are my Great Grandmother, Mother Dear and her brother (my great-great uncle) Uncle Tony. I became very close to the two of them during my high school years when we all lived at Granny's house. They were the 2 youngest children and the last living of 12. When their health began to get bad, Granny sent for them to come live with her. The both of them were so amazing to be around. The stories they used to tell and the wisdom they passed down to us youngsters was priceless. What a blessing to be able to be so close to them both.




This is one of the last pictures I have of my Granny. She was so proud to watch me get married and I was so happy to have her there supporting me. 7 short months later, she took her place in heaven. {Love you Gran}




Jaelyn and I behind Granny's stone.


Like I said earlier, Papa George used to work at this cemetery. This is the fountain he helped build during that time.
In the picture is my Aunt and her 3 daughters. I think it's pretty cool, that she is able to sit on the very fountain her father helped build so many years ago.






Surprisingly, our visit wasn't a sad one. I've been to visit by myself a few times before, but it was great to be there as a family.









1 comment:

  1. Heyy girly! I just came across your blog and I am absolutely loving it! You have a new follower!

    xo enjoy your day :]

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?