Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Food Review

Morning Star Farms Hickory BBQ Riblets.

"Mouthwatering veggie riblets in a sweet and smoky sauce" (That's what it says on the box)

Nutrition Facts for 1 riblet with sauce

Calories 220
Total Fat 3.5g
Sodium 810g (wowza)
Total Carbs 35g
Protein 18gWere they as good as some real meaty ribs slow smoked on the grill? Of course not.

Did they stay true to the claim of mouthwatering? No

Sweet? Yes Smoky? Yes

Was I surprised at how good they were? Yes

Would I buy them again? Yes

I really was surprised at the texture and taste of this product. It was moist, sweet and had a great BBQ flavor.


I know this is a really random plate of food.
What in the world does a pita with hummus have to do with vegan BBQ ribs and a side of cheese topped cauliflower?
One thing - they were all fast to get on the plate.

2 comments:

  1. Well it at least looked delicious. lol I didn't know Morning Star had riblets either. So far I've liked their burgers and nuggets. I will have to try this product out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to try those so absolutely love your review maybe i'll have to go get some!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?