Thursday, March 4, 2010

From the Archives

Before taking off to Mexico, I hadn't had a chance to post for a week or more. But I was still eating well and taking pictures of my food with the intentions to blog about them. So here they are.







Lean Cuisine Chicken Pesto Alfredo with a side of steamed broccoli and cauliflower.

Scrambled egg whites with toasted whole wheat pita and a piece of cheddar.

Artichoke and Olive Ravioli with a quick tomato, onion and mushroom sauce.

Scrambled egg whites with whole wheat toast, 1/2 apple and coffee.

Egg white scramble with whole wheat toast, cheddar and an apple.

So, a few weeks ago, I asked The Hubs to pick up some garlic bread to go with the pasta I was making for dinner...
This is what he brought home. Really, he needed three different types of cookies? Thanks Babe.
He did bring some bread home, but it was covered in cheese and olive. Not what I had in mind when I asked for a simple garlic bread loaf.
But this bread was amazing.
French toast made with whole wheat bread and topped with strawberry jam.

A side of oranges and banana slices.

Taco salad with reduced fat sour cream. I love taco salads the cold crunch of the lettces with the spicy meat sauce and creamy sour cream!! What's not to love.
Pita Pizza! An all time fave.
I tried something new and made garlic strips from whole wheat pita topped with garlic and bit of parmesan cheese. Baked and dipped in pizza sauce.
Turned out really good.
Pears! I love a crisp, ripe pear.
I don't know if you all are aware of my love for Won Ton Soup. I've posted about it before. Well we can't find any good Won Ton Soup near where we live, so The Hubs made some. For his first time, they turned out great. Best part is, he made lots and freezed them, so anytime I'm in the mood for some Won Ton, it's right at my fingertips.
Ever have those mornings where all your regular go-to breakfasts just don't seem to sound satisfying?
I had one of those, and decided to keep it simple with some fruit and yogurt.

Hit the spot!
So I finally got to try Chipotle. I ordered a chicken burrito. I was happily impressed.
And the fresh guac was just a delish as I've heard. I will be back for more.


Well, J's begging for a bath. That kid loves to take baths, mainly because he like taking his penguins and ocean toys in there with him. So that's all for now, Mommy duties are calling.

4 comments:

  1. I am expecting you to be cooking up a storm Saturday! I am craving Mexican...... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're gonna make me cry with all thse gorgeous and yummy eats!

    Lord have mercy on my waistline for I want to eat all of the food pictured above.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I don't even know where to begin about how delicious all of this looks!

    We don't have a Chipotle around here, but it's on my MUST TRY list for when we go to Orlando in April!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Chipotle! My mom and I usually split a burrito. Your garlic strips looked great! What recipe does your husband use to make his wonton soup?

    You should not send hubs to the store any more b/c I think I would have lost my mind and ate all of that olive garlic bread.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?