Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Indian Butter Chicken

Indian Butter Chicken (Makhani Chicken)


In keeping with my goal to clean out the deep freezer, I made another chicken dish.


This time it was Butter Chicken.
I cut up and browned 2 chicken breasts and a medium onion.
I used 2 tablespoons of a jar of Butter Chicken paste, added it to the chicken with about 1and 1/c2 cups of half and half.
I also had a sweet potato that was on it's last leg so I chopped it up into cubes and added it to the mix.
I let it all simmer until the sauce was thickened and the potatoes were fork tender.

And of course, like most of my dishes I plated it on a bed of brown rice.
Added a side of green beans. (I ate half the beans before I took the picture)

Really, Really Good.

The Hubs took the leftovers to work the next day for lunch and said it was even better.




2 comments:

  1. OMG I love indian food! I must try this. and I must add that butter chicken is one of my fav dishes! looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?