Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Leftover Turkey Soup.

I made turkey soup with the leftover turkey from Thanksgiving. Yum Soup!


I didn't follow an exact recipe but it went a little something like this.


Boil the turkey carcass (sounds gross... carcass) in a big pot of water for about 30-45 mins.
Remove from water, separate the meat from the bones, return the meat to the pot of water/stock.
Chop up some onion, carrot and celery. Sweat them in a separate pan with some EVOO for about 7 mins.
Add the veggies to the water and turkey along with 1 1/2 cups dry pearl barley.
Season to taste and simmer for 30-45 mins.
I seasoned with:
S&P
Rosemary
Thyme
Garlic Powder
Bay Leaf


I hope I'm not forgetting anything.


~~~

In other news,
I'm in a photo contest on All Recipes. It's nothing serious, just a fun little contest. If you want to help me win by voting for me click here.
My picture is of some deviled eggs I made.
I am the 2nd picture in the 2nd row. You will see my name above the pic.
There are some really great pics in the contest and you can vote for as many as you like.
Thanks.

~~~
Happy Healthy Eating.

2 comments:

  1. I voted!!! I planned on boiling my carcass tonite! I made a turkey pita pizza last night and some curry turkey salad to snack on while I cook. Talk about recycling turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just voted for you! And that soup looks dang good.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?