Saturday, December 5, 2009

It's Cookie Time!!!

One of my very favorite things to do around the holidays is bake. I love baking cookies and trying new recipes. I've been wanting to plan a cookie exchange party the last few years, but havn't had the chance.


So, instead of a party, I would love to feature new cookie recipes here on From My Kitchen.


Here's how it works.

  • You send me your favorite cookie recipe.
  • A picture and/or story that you have to go along with it would be great too.
  • I will bake them and feature them on my blog.

So, to kick off my Featured Cookies,

Let me start with the Cinnamon Stars I made this morning.

***

I tried this cookie for the first time last year and served them at a holiday party. They were extremely easy to make and were a big hit at the party.

They are sweet but not overly sugary.

What I love most about this recipe is that it requires very few ingredients.

Cinnamon Stars

{Ingredients}

1 cup butter, softened

2 cups sugar

2 eggs

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

2-3/4 cups all purpose flour

1/3 cup ground cinnamon

{Directions}

Preheat oven to 350.

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.

Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Add vanilla.

Combine flour and cinnamon: gradually add to creamed mixture.

Cover and refridgerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle. (Optional)

On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/4 inch think.

Cut with small star cookie cutter, dipped in four.

Place on ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 for 10-11 mins. Edges should be firm and bottom of cookies

lightly browned.

Cool and Enjoy!

Yields approx: 5 dozen


    ***
    If you are interested in submitting a cookie recipe to be featured, please leave a comment below. Looking forward to trying your cookies!!
    ***

Now,

how do I get these delicious cookies out the house?

I'll take them to church in the morning and share the yumminess.

3 comments:

  1. Y-U-M. I'm in a cookie making mood too :). I'm usually a pre-made cookie dough kind of cookie baker, so no recipes yet, but am hoping to change that soon. I look forward to seeing all of yours though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for wanting to include my cookies! I would love it if you did. Feel free to grab the information from my blog. If you want further info or pictures, please let me know via email and I'll work something out for you.

    Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea! I will send you a recipe this week. Those cookies look sooo yummy btw and I will be trying them out soon!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?