Sunday, November 15, 2009

Spinach & Lentil Soup

This soup is so delicious, healthy and easy to make. I absolutely love it.








Spinach & Lentil Soup

Ingredients
3 carrots, chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
6 cups water/stock
1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
1 1/4 cups dried lentils, rinsed
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach, torn
Directions

In a large saucepan, saute carrots, celery and onion in oil until tender. Add the water/stock, salsa, lentils and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50-60 minutes or until lentils are tender. Stir in spinach; simmer 5-10 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted.

*I only had a 1/2 jar of salsa so I added a can of stewed tomatoes too.
This recipes make a big pot of soup. Lots of leftovers which I love, because I can enjoy it for a few days and even freeze some for later.

1 comment:

  1. Lentil soup looks good. I've been in the mood for soup lately.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?