Sunday, November 22, 2009

Spaghetti Squash

I bought this squash a few weeks ago. It's been sitting on my counter collecting dust... Just Kidding.
Anyways, I finally got around to busting it open and having a taste.


I've heard many times, that it could be used in place of noodles for pasta dishes, so I decided to try it.

I split it in half and baked it on a cookie sheet for about an hour, then scraped out the stringy flesh.
Topped it with spaghetti meat sauce and took a bite.

Now all I want to know is, who's idea was it to sub real noodles with this? Not the truth!! It wasn't nasty but definitley didn't taste good. I sucked it up and ate it anyway, but trust, I will never do it again.
Sorry little spaghetti squash, but you are no longer welcome on my plate.




5 comments:

  1. LOL. I had heard that too. Thanks for the heads up. And the dad thing, that looked so good and wanted to try it. I may give it ago anyway and tell you how things worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used it before to make lasagna and it was okay. It was a bit watery and I had to constantly pour out the water while it baked, what a pain.. Oh and I've never made it with Lasagna again.. so that's telling you something. I will just use dreamfields pasta if I want lasagna. LOL..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard nothing but good things about it. Good to see someone didn't like it. It's not too appealing to me, doesn't look that good, I need to try one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought one two weeks ago and haven't even looked at it since then. For some reason, I couldn't bring myself to eat it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHAHAH LMAO! i didn't see this post until now, but i wrote today about how i was going to try spaghetti squash and i totally agree with you! LOL! not a real substitute for the noodles! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?