Sunday, September 13, 2009

Smile & Push

I did a lot of running around today. Got lots of things accomplished, boring stuff that's not worth mentioning.
But while I was out, I went to Borders Books to find Push by Sapphire. A gritty novel about a young girls struggle to find herself, her worth, her purpose and love, while growing up in Harlem. A movie has been made based on the book called Precious presented by Oprah and Tyler Perry.
Anyway, while I was at Borders I posted an Operation Beautiful note in the ladies room. My first post, but not the last. If you are not familiar with Operation Beautiful, check it out. I think it's a brilliant way to spread self love.

After all of my running around, I went to Starbucks, purchased an Iced SF Cinnamon Dolce NF Latte, found an outside table, munched on a banana, looked at some pics, and began reading Push. What a great slice of time to myself.

Note to Self: Post up at a coffee shop and get lost in a great book more often.

2 comments:

  1. Great way to relax and enjoy the day. I love sitting back at coffee shops and reading.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?