Tuesday, September 29, 2009

It's getting so Cold!

I woke up this morning and it was so dark and gloomy out. The sky was a crazy mix of black and grey. Brr. It was so cold and I just dredded stepping out into the cold air.

I offered to take a shift on a unit I'd never worked before for a chick who got ill. It was horrible. So busy, and I totally felt like a fish out of water. All the units run differently, but this one was completely different from any other I had worked. It was the Short Stay and Day Surgery unit, so naturally I was expecting a lot of patient traffic, but it was even beyond my expectations. All I can say is, I'm glad it's over.


Eats.

I puffy heart oatmeal!!
Esp. when it's dressed in goodness.
Chocolate chips and coconut flakes.




I posted another Operation Beautiful note in the Ladies Room at the Hospital.

Lunch was the last of my Trader Joes Reduced Guilt pita chips. I'm not happy about this, I definately have to get some more soon.

I also had a bowl of Progresso Wild Rice and Veggie soup. And a Diet Coke.

When I got home I had what is probably the last watermelon I'll have until next summer.
Dear Sweet Juicy Watermelon, I will miss you!

Dinner was Mexican. I didn't get a pic but I ordered a veggie burrito. Of course it filled a plate the size as Texas.
I love Mexican, it's one of my absolute fav's, but it's so challenging to eat it out, b/c the portion are out of control. I try to only eat until my body is satisfied, but that is so hard to do, esp. when the food is off-the-hook delicious. So, needless to say, I ate more than what I should have. I guess it was just one of those days.

4 comments:

  1. mmm chocolate! now that's how i like to eat oatmeal!! I also am a fan of the black top and jeans ensemble by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodbye juicy summer fruit, till next year! I love Mexican food, so good. Oh, I've heard that flavor of Progresso is very delicious too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. D, I love your notes that you leave in the bathrooms. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?