Monday, August 31, 2009

Weekend Recap

We spent the weekend in Canada with the fam again.
Had a great weekend. Saturday was spent at the Pacific National Exhibition better known as the PNE, which is the annual city fair in Vancouver.
We go every year and have a blast. The last few years it rained on us, so this year we lucked out with beautiful weather.
*
So let's talk food.
I ate and ate and ate.
Among some of the bites I enjoyed was this plate of Ukrainian food.
Sausage, perogies and a cabbage roll. One of my fav PNE options.

*
Our PNE activities are not complete without bags of these.

*
OMG! Love Love.
But oh so bad.

In addition to eating, we did a lot of walking and laughing and riding and just had a ton of fun.
*
Here are a few picks of the day.
{Eric & I}
*
{Eric & Jaelyn, grubbin}
*
{Chantal & Dejia, (my sis-in-law & niece)}
*
{Sissy & Mum}
*
{A funny lookin little chick}
Have you ever seen such a thing?
*
{Jaelyn at the Discovery Barn}
*
{Mum & Pops}
*
{Conductor J}
***

Sunday we went to my nephew's first birthday party at his grandparents house.
First birthdays are special. Even though the birthday boy had no idea what was going on nor did he care about opening his gifts, I wouldn't have missed it. He was so adorable all day.
*

{Love Love this kid}
*
{Auntie & Linclon}
*
{Me & Jaelyn}

*
{Lincoln & his amazing train cake}
*
What a great weekend spent with my family.
A little too much eating and junk food, but I'll be in a serious "detox" all week.
I hope you all had a great weekend too.

1 comment:

  1. That little chick IS funny looking! Very funny! Like I wish I had a stuffed animal version to snuggle with, it looks so furry and squishable!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?