Thursday, July 9, 2009

Catch-up on Dinner

I usually take at least one pic of something I eat everyday, but I don't always get a chance to blog everyday. So, I end up with forgotten pics of food.
Here are a few of those forgotten meals.
*
Boca Burger w/ lettuce, FF cheese slice, pickles, ketchup, mustard & mayo, with a side of sauteed Spinach seasoned with garlic, S&P.
This burger was really good. Tasted a bit like a McD's cheeseburger.
*
Oh man, I didn't realize I forgot to post about this. I made this in my slow cooker.
I put 2 country pork chops in the slow cooker with 2 potatoes (halved) then poured over about 1 cup of spicy BBQ sauce with a touch of water. Let cook while I was a work. The pork was moist and the potatoes were tender.
Opened a bag of micro'able steamed veggies and dinner was served.
Yum!
*
This night I made Shake & Bake Chicken legs. Cornbread from the box but added some corn kernels from a corn-on-the-cob that the Hubs had grilled on the Que the night before. The smokey corn flavor was so good, and gave the cornbread a new life.
My side veg, was cabbage with carrots and onion.
Another great meal. Fast, easy and delish.
*
This last meal was more of an experiment gone right.
In one of the stores I frequent, I found some bulk whole wheat elbow pasta, which for me has been hard to find. Next to it was powdered cheese (typing that out, really sounds gross to me right now... powdered cheese... yuck) Anyway, of course Mac & Cheese came to mind and that's what I made for din. I didn't have a recipe or measurements so I just winged it.
For protein I added some canned tuna and topped it all with some ketchup.
It actually turned out really good. And in a way was very nostalgic for me, since Kraft Mac & Cheese was a staple in my house growing up.

All caught up, for now anyway.
Peace!


1 comment:

  1. I often add broccoli to my mac n cheese with some chicken. Of course I now make it with 2% Cheddar instead of regular! And skim milk!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?