Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Breakfast Ideas

A few breakfasts' I had while my computer was down.
*
Egg beater omelete with mushrooms, spinach and cheddar cheese. This was my 2nd try at egg beaters. I'm still not a fan. I prefer to just use egg whites. Along side my omelete I had a slice of turkey bacon and 1/2 whole wheat bagel. Not a bad breakfast.

***
This was delish. I took 1 potato cut into bite sized pieces and sauteed it with a bit of oil and onions. I then added some corn from the cob that The Hubs cooked on the grill the night before.

I topped the potatoes with a fried egg. It was so good. The smoked corn added such a great flavor. Reminded me of a great camping breakfast. This held me over for a long time.

***

And of course, I had some oatmeal. This was a new mix I tried and I love it.

I call it "Oatmeal Cookie Oatmeal"

I took my basic oatmeal recipe (cinnamon and vanilla extract) and added raisins and chocolate chips on top with milk. The chocolate chips melt just enough from the heat of the oatmeal. Oh so good. It's like eating a big, hot cookie for breakfast.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. oh my dear, i never thought to put chocolate chips in my oatmeal! that looks sooooooo goooooood! i am going to have to try that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with ya on the egg beaters. I like egg whites, too.

    That oatmeal recipe looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?