Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Before and After

I've been talking about cutting my hair for a while now. I have had long hair just about all my life. I would get trims and cuts, but my hair was always still long. Well, today I took the plunge and got it cut off.

I donated my ponytail to Locks of Love which is a non-profit that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children under age 18 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis. This is my 2nd donation, the first was much longer and still I had what is considered long hair. Long and pretty, but boring. Besides, what's the point of long pretty hair, if it's always in a bun or ponytail?

I have to say, I love my new style. I actually have a style, which is the best part. Before, I just had long hair.

Cheers to taking chances and embracing change!

11 comments:

  1. It looks GREAT! That's awesome about locks of love too, good for you. I'd consider it too, but mine is too chemically processed grr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how cute do you look!!!!! Love it!

    Nice of you to donate to locks of love, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hair! You look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh! You look fantastic! It was so great of you to donate your beautiful hair. You Rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was trying to think of something else to day besides OMG! But that’s all I could say. GEAOUGEOUS...I love the new look. You look fantabulous...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your hair! It looks SO good! I just started losing weight and I think my face is just too chubby still for this cut, but OMG it looks GREAT on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just came across your blog and I have to say your haircut looks great! Congrats on the weight loss too! I love how you have posted pics from each stage!

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love it!!! You look so dang good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute. I donated mine to Locks of Love too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great! Will do the same when the weigth has dropped enough. :)

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?