Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Before and After

I've been talking about cutting my hair for a while now. I have had long hair just about all my life. I would get trims and cuts, but my hair was always still long. Well, today I took the plunge and got it cut off.

I donated my ponytail to Locks of Love which is a non-profit that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children under age 18 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis. This is my 2nd donation, the first was much longer and still I had what is considered long hair. Long and pretty, but boring. Besides, what's the point of long pretty hair, if it's always in a bun or ponytail?

I have to say, I love my new style. I actually have a style, which is the best part. Before, I just had long hair.

Cheers to taking chances and embracing change!