Monday, April 6, 2009

Stuffed Bell Pepper


This is something I like to make b/c it's super easy, yet very impressive.
I used 93/7 ground beef sauteed in a touch of EVOO with onions. Seasoned with S&P, and Italian blend. To the mixture I added garlic and 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
Next I mixed in cooked brown rice, some parmesan cheese and let blend.
I cut the tops and gutted 2 bell peppers.
Stuffed them with the mixture, and let bake at 350 for 30 mins. The last few mins of baking I topped with a bit more parm for garnish. Give or take 10 mins, depending on the size of your pepper and if you prefer a crunchy or soft texture.

Sorry, I didn't give measurements, I'm just so bad at measuring. I'm a total guesser. But I can say I used about 1/3 lbs of meat and 1 cup of rice, for 2 peppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinking?