Friday, March 20, 2009

BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich with Cole Slaw - 8pts


I made this in my slow cooker on low.
The night before, I put a pork shoulder in a ziploc bag with 1/2 bottle of Honey BBQ sauce, a touch of liquid smoke and a sliced onion.
I prepared everything the night before so all I had to do in the morning before leaving for work, was transfer it all to the slow cooker.
When I got home, the pork was so tender, I didn't have to do much to shred it up.
I made some cole slaw from the package, using only 1/2 the dressing.
Assembled the sandwich on a lightly toasted whole grain bun, added a simple salad and Bam!

It was so good I had to stop myself half way through and remind myself to slow down.

It even got a "Babe this is Bomb" from the Hubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinking?