Thursday, September 20, 2012

{Food Fix} Crock Pot Pork Fajitas


Lovin my Crock Pot lately.

The other day I made Pork Fajitas.

And you know me, my recipes are less like recipes and more like "a little bit of this, a little bit of that, hmm, a little more of this"

So this is how it went.

4 - 1/2 inch, bone-in Pork Chops
1/2 of an onion, chopped
1/2 of a fajita seasoning packet
 & some water
All in the Pot.
Set on High.
For about 5 hours.

In a lightly oiled sauce pan,
I sauteed,

1 green bell pepper,
a handful of sliced mushrooms and
the other 1/2 of the onion.

(It's best to sautee the veg instead of adding them to the pot so they dont become mush)

I also heated up some fat free refried beans in a separate pan.
(Adds ff volume, flavor and fiber... mmm fiber.)

Layered like so,
tortilla,
beans,
pork,
veggies,
rf sour cream.




Roll it up and take a bite!


So easy, so good!

And we even had leftovers for the next day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinking?