Friday, April 13, 2012

{Food Fix} Fresh Pineapple & how to cut it.

I love fresh pineapple.  It's actually one of my favorite fruits.
There is so much you can do with it,
grill it,
add it to yogurt,
pineapple upside down cake,
and of course eat it fresh. 
My personal fave.

The looks of a fresh pineapple might seem a bit daunting if you don't know how to tackle it.
But trust me, it's super simple.

So here is a quick tutorial on how to cut a pineapple.

First I cut it in half and cut the bottom to give it a flat base to stand on.
  (I only needed half, so the top went into the fridge)


Next, I cut around the edges to remove the rough exterior.


Once all the skin was cut away, I cut it into four wedges.

From the wedges, I cut out the tough core.

And chopped it into bite size pieces. 
See, easy peasy!


I added a handful to todays breaky and stored the rest in a container in the fridge. 


As I was typing this post, I decided to try different fruits this summer. 

I've never had a star fruit....

Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinking?