Friday, September 2, 2011

{Family and Food Fix} Kindergarten and Weekly Dinner Menu

We've been busy around here. 
Lot's of stuff going on, but the most exciting is Jaelyn starting kindergarten.

He was a bit nervous but said his first day was lots of fun.  He helped the teacher, made some friends and didn't want the day to end.

It's been bitter sweet for me because I love watching him grow and develope into himself, but I also miss my baby boy.  The time flew by and I just want the next five years to not pass by so fast.

First Day of School 


So, this pregnancy has gotten me wanting to eat everything I see.
I don't have a specific craving, basically, I want it all, sweet, sour, salty, savory, creamy, crunchy, hot, cold.... whatever, doesn't matter.

It makes me a bit nervous b/c I know how hard it is to lose the weight after the baby comes.
What I really need to do is focus finding and keeping my good health habits.  For the last couple months, I have completely given in to every bad habit.

One thing the Hubs and I have decided to do is keep a weekly dinner menu.  Our hope is that it will help us eat healthier, have a home cooked meal most nights of the week and maybe save some money.

This weeks dinner menu:

Wednesday - Beef Stew with Cornbread

Thursday - Individual Turkey Meatloaf w/ Mashed Potatoes & Green Beans


Friday - Rotisserie Chicken w/ Brown Rice, Gravy and Corn on the Cob
Saturday - Cheese Tortelini w/ Garlic Bread and Salad
Sunday - BBQ Chicken, and all the sides (Happy Labor Day)
Monday - Chinese Lettuce Wraps
Tuesday - Grilled Steak w/ Onions and Baked Potatoes



And just for fun, here's a pic of this mornings breaky.

Yum!


So tell me,
Do you keep a meal schedule?

If so, do you have any tips for me?



2 comments:

  1. such a cutie!

    good luck with the meal planning, I dont meal plan but have a few "go to" healthy meals I turn to that are super easy to make

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing your meatloafs made me think of this recipe I did recently it was really yummy: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/08/skinny-meatloaf-cupcakes-with-mashed.html

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?