Wednesday, May 18, 2011

{Family Fix} Birthday Bash catch-up

Because Jaelyn turned 5 on the Mother's Day weekend, we decided to have his party the following weekend.  This year we had the party at the Tacoma Childrens Museum and it was perfect.  The kids had a blast and hopefully learned a little something at the same time.


The cake was delish.  White with raspberry filling and buttercream icing.


I like to keep the menu simple.  And I always try to incorporate something healthy because I would feel too guilty just serving fat and sugar.
So to keep things fun for the kiddies, Jaelyn and I made fruit kabobs.
A hit with the kids!  Victory!


Pretzels, baby carrots and dill dip, just for a little extra something.
I

 Store bought sub sandwiches and pizza (unpictured)


Just the thought of my first born turning 5 makes my heart skip a beat.  Where did the time go?
He is the sweetest, smartest, most lovable little guy.  I hope I can say the same thing when he turns 15.



(Usually, I have my niece Dejia take picures for me, but this time it was my little cousin Raysha.  Thanks Rose!)

3 comments:

  1. Fun place! I had Julianni's first birthday there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your son! Fruit kebabs are brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jae is the most sweetest ever. Love that kid!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?