Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Baked Sweet Potatoes

I love sweet potatoes! ~ sweet potato fries, pie and of course covered in butter, sugar, cinnamon and mini marshmallows!!


Of course I don't eat them like that very often, I'd have and even bigger bubble butt than I already do.


So another way I like to have them is simply baked plain with a touch of salt.


I buy the biggest ones I can find, cut them into halfs or thirds and bake them covered with foil at 400 for about 1 hour.
I like to make enough to last me a couple of meals.




Look at that color! Beautiful, right?

I like to eat them as a side to a main dish or just by themselves. Sometimes, I sprinkle a little cinnamon, or a drizzle of honey or agave nectar.
And since I bake a few at a time, I refridgerate the remainder and all I have to do the next day or so, is heat and eat.
Yum!






2 comments:

  1. We eat baked potatoes once a week with the usual broccoli, cheese and sour cream add-ons. I'm gonna talk husband into a weekly SWEET potato recipe to replace it. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made baked sweet potatoes for the first time last weekend. A sprinkle of cinnamon and a little swipe of butter...so good! My girls loved them, so that means we can add it to the dinner rotation.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?