Sunday, January 9, 2011

Peppermint Chex Mix



A few weeks ago, I received a package in the mail from Betty Crocker filled with the ingredients needed to whip up a batch of this deliciousness.
The recipe is called reindeer feed, but since Santa and his four legged friends had already made their way around the world passing out gifts, by the time I had a chance to make it, I'm calling it Peppermint Chex Mix.

Ingredients

3 cups of Chex cereal ( I used Corn Chex)
1 bag of white chocolate chips
3-5 candy canes


Directions

Pour cereal in a large bowl
Crush candy canes
Melt white chocolate in the microwave in 30 sec intervals, mixing between until smooth
Mix in half the crush candy canes into the melted chocolate
Pour over cereal and mix until coated
Spread over a cooking sheet lined with parchment or foil
Sprinkle remainder of candy canes on top
Let cool before breaking apart
Enjoy!


I have to tell you, that it was delish. We're not big white chocolate fans in my house, but we all really enjoyed this treat. I made extra to use up all the left over candy canes, but no worries, I sent some home with a cousin and my MIL.

Thanks to the great peeps at Betty Crocker for the yummy treat!

2 comments:

  1. How delish does this look? I am thinking this is definitely a must for Christmas this year!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummo! This could also be a great Valentines treat since it has red and white in it. Will defenitely try it!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?