Friday, August 6, 2010

Mocha Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins

Over ripe bananas = banana bread


But this time I remixed the recipe and ended up with these.


Mocha Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins



Ingredients
1 cup margarine
1 1/4 cups white sugar
1 egg
3 ripe bananas
3 tablespoon instant coffee granules, dissolved in
1(ish) tablespoon water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
I also added some flax seeds and wheat germ



Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Blend butter or margarine, sugar, egg, banana, dissolved coffee, and vanilla in food processor for 2 minutes. Add flour, salt, baking powder, and soda, and blend just until flour disappears. Add chocolate chips and mix in with wooden spoon. Spoon mixture into 15 to 18 paper-lined muffin cups.
Bake for 25 minutes. Cool on wire racks.


So good. I actually liked them better the next day.



2 comments:

  1. Those look so good. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I love anything Mocha flavored and I am going to be making these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must make these as soon as I return to pa!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?