Friday, July 30, 2010

Apple Picking, Cutting and Freezing

It's that time of year again. My MIL's apple tree is full of ripe apples. So of course I had to go get me some.


{wash}

{Peel}


{core}



{cut}



With some of the apples, I made Apple Crisp.


You know me, I don't always use recipes.

So I did a little something like this:

  • Prepared baking sheet with non-stick spray and preheated oven to 400 degrees
  • In a large bowl, I mixed the apples with brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, flour
  • Poured the apples into the baking dish
  • For the crumb topping, I mixed together quick oats, brown sugar, cold butter, cinnamon and flour
  • Spread the crumb mixture over the apples and lightly pressed it evenly down
  • Baked for approx 30 mins.
  • Served with vanilla ice cream

~~~

The rest of the apples, I sliced and bagged for freezing.




The Apple Crisp was more than delish.

Do you have any fruit trees? If so, what kind and how do you enjoy them?







2 comments:

Whatcha thinking?